Striving to bring you the most unique handmade jewelry at the most reasonable prices)
RSS

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I just had to give this little guy his own showcase in my blog! Not only is he my avatar here and on ArtFire, but he has a great story. This little swarovski crystal corgi puppy wasn’t just a whimsical jewelry project – he has a special purpose.

Almost 6 months ago now, one of my very close friends moved to Maine for a job transfer, leaving his friends and not to mention his beloved Corgi, Chubbs, at home alone. My friend loves his corgi very much, and holds a special place for the breed, so I thought the best Christmas present I could make him would be to get him a corgi.

Of course, since it’s illegal and hazardous to ship live animals through the post (not to mention the mess they would cause!), I figured making him this 3D swarovski crystal corgi would be the closest thing to having his little Chubbs in his lonely Maine apartment.

I do things like this whenever I can – and I’m not bragging! Rather, I would like to inspire you to personally think about this holiday season. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Chaunukah, Yule, or something completely unique, try to make someone’s day, week, or even month by what you do for them this holiday season.

Lastly, if you’d like a Chubbs of your very own, his twin can be purchased for just $15 by using the paypal button below. If you’d like him in custom colors, or even if you’d prefer a different breed entirely, send me an email at owner.mkfd(AT)live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment